Private Release: The Vantiv integration with Lightspeed eCom is currently being tested by a private group of accounts. If you would like to participate in our private release, please contact Lightspeed Support.
This article explains how to configure Vantiv as a payment provider for your online store, as well as manage orders processed through Vantiv.
- Set up an account for your business with Vantiv. Once your account is set up, Vantiv will send you your account credentials. Make sure you have this information on hand when configuring Vantiv in the eCom Back Office.
- Log in to the eCom Back Office.
- Go to Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Payment Providers.
- At the top of the screen click Add Payment Provider and Add Vantiv. Or, click the Vantiv icon if it appears on the Payment Providers screen. On the next page, you're prompted to set or edit the options for the payment provider.
- Set the Activate this payment provider toggle to the on position.
- Set the Visibility of the payment provider by selecting the relevant option from the drop-down: Consumers, B2B or Consumers & B2B.
- Under PROVIDER SETTINGS, click Connect. A popup displays prompting you for your Vantiv account credentials:
- Select either Live from the Mode drop-down.
- Enter your account credentials in the corresponding fields and click Save. Lightspeed eCom validates your credentials with Vantiv. When your credentials have been successfully validated, Lightspeed eCom displays your Vantiv account Username in the PROVIDER SETTINGS area:
To display your Vantiv account credentials, click View Account Information; to disconnect your Vantiv account from Lightspeed eCom, click Disconnect.
- Under PAYMENT METHODS, set the Credit Card toggle to the on position.
- Under ADDITIONAL SETTINGS, use the options provided to set your pricing model for Vantiv, including minimum and maximum transaction amounts on credit card purchases.
- Save your changes.
This section provides instructions for additional functionality with the Vantiv integration and includes these topics:
- Understanding how eCom handles orders processed through Vantiv
- To capture a payment
- To refund an order
When a customer places an order on your online store and pays for the order using their credit card, Lightspeed eCom will first request a payment pre-authorization through Vantiv for the order amount. Once the pre-authorization is successful, eCom sets the status of the order to Awaiting Capture in the Back Office.
- You will need to wait a minimum of 60 seconds after pre-authorization to capture a payment.
- Lightspeed eCom will not allow you to ship the order, or mark the order as Shipped, until payment has been captured. For this purpose, the Mark as Shipped button is disabled.
- Wait 60 seconds after pre-authorization is successful.
- Click the Capture Payment button.
- Once the payment is successfully captured, the Mark as Shipped button is re-enabled and you can change the shipment status of the order as needed.
- In the left menu of the Back Office, Click Orders.
- Open the order you want to refund by clicking it in the list.
- On the Orders page, click Cancel Order. When you cancel an order, Lightspeed eCom automatically creates a Credit Memo for the order.
NOTE: You can also manually create a Credit Memo (by clicking Add Credit Memo), and then refund the order.
- Open the Credit Memo and toggle the Refund option to the on position. Lightspeed eCom refunds the payment directly to the customer.
NOTE: If you cancel an order for which payment has been authorized, but not yet captured, Lightspeed eCom automatically releases the pre-authorization.