Important: the size of images is in pixels. The first number is the width, the second the height. For all images: it is possible to upload the image in its original size times two, three, and so on.
The Dresser theme is specially made for fashion retailers. A minimalistic design with features that are offering your visitors the experience they're used to get from fashion stores.
Access your settings by visiting the Design category from the main menu, then click "Customize Theme".
Logo: This is your shop's logo, displayed at the top-left corner of every page on your website. Recommended dimensions: 230px x 60px (width x height)
Favicon: This is the small icon displayed in the tabs of your users' browsers. Recommended dimensions: like 16px x 16px
2. Color settings
- Navigation bar background color: This setting affects the color of the navigation bar.
- Navigation bar text color: This setting affects the text color of the navigation bar.
- Category title box background color: This setting affects the background color of the title boxes of the categories.
- Category title box text color: This setting affects the text color of the title boxes.
- Text color: This setting affects the color of all the text in your store.
- Buttons: This setting affects the text color within the buttons.
- Buttons: This setting affects the background color of the buttons.
- Footer bar background color: This setting affects the background color of the footer.
- Footer bar text color: This setting affects the text color of the footer bar.
3. Unique selling points
The Dresser theme offers the possibility to showcase 'unique selling points' within your online store. The right words can convince your customers to buy quicker. USPs can be easily added, go to Design > Customize theme, and then search for '04. Unique selling points'
You can add a max. of 6 USPs. If your online store is using multiple languages, you'll need to add the texts as a translation. Go to Content > Translations. The text you've filled in will be the key.
4. Top bar
Within the top bar, you can promote anything you like. For example a sale, new collection or any other news you want to share.
If your online store is using multiple languages, you'll need to add the texts as a translation. Go to Content > Translations. The text you've filled in will be the key.
- Big banners homepage: 475px x 320px
- Small banners homepage: 228px x 190px
On the homepage, you can activate both big and small banners. You can add text to these banners as well. These are easy to add, just go to Content > Translations.
- For the big banners, you can use the keys: "Banner left text" and "Banner right text".
- For the small banners, you can use the keys: "Banner 1 text", "Banner 2 text" and so on.
6. Shop the look
Shop the look is a shopping function that makes it possible for customers to buy products that match a certain look. To use this functionality, follow these 4 simple steps:
Step 1: Activate template data
- In the back office, go to Settings > Workflow and activate 'Extra template Data'.
Step 2: Create a product
- In the back office, go to products and click on 'Add product', top right.
- Create a title for the look and leave the other fields empty. Click 'Save'.
- Add a description for the look, the same way as you would do it for any other product.
- Scroll down until you see 'Extra template data'. Add the keyword 'look' to the empty field next to 'data 01'. From now on, your product will be recognized as a 'Shop the look' - and not as a regular product.
Important: Make sure the keyword 'look' doesn't contain capital letters or spacing.
Step 3: Add products to the look
Important: If you haven't created any products for your look yet, make sure you'll do that first, then you can add them as described below later on.
- Scroll to 'Related products', within the page where you just edited your product.
- Add items that apply to this look by clicking on 'Add product'.
Step 4: Showing the looks on your homepage
- Go to Content > Featured products within your back office.
Important: if you don't have any products in here, you can skip the point below and go to the next one.
- Delete the product(s) that were automatically placed on this page by selecting the product(s) and clicking on 'Delete' at the bulk actions.
- Add the look you've just created by clicking on 'Add product', top right.
- Go back to Design > Theme editor > Customise theme. Scroll down until you've reached: SHOP THE LOOK
- Make sure that Shop the look is activated.
Extra: If you've created a category page with multiple looks, you can add the link to that page in the text field.
7. Instagram feed
The Instagram feed functionality offers the possibility to inspire your customers with your own Instagram pictures.
Showcase pictures of your own profile (Instagram feed / Option 1)
- 1. Enable the functionality
- 2. Request your customer id and paste it into the text fields.
- 3. To show pictures from your own profile, you'll need an access token. Open this link and click on 'Generate Access token', log in with your Instagram account (you might need to fill in your 'Security code') - and your access token will appear. Paste this token in the text fields.
- 4. Pick the way of showcasing your feed. For example, most liked, random or most recent.
Display pictures with a certain hashtag (Option 2)
- This functionality is currently not working due to a change in the policy of Instagram.