Categories are an important part of the navigation of your online store. Create categories to help your customers quickly find what they're looking for, and assign products to categories.
To create categories go to Creating categories.
Once you add products to a category, you can determine the order by which products in the category are displayed to your customers in your online store. See see Reordering and managing products in a category.
In this article
- To add products to a category on the Products page
- To add products to a category using Bulk action
- To add products to a category on the Categories page
- Create your categories.
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Products > Products and click the product you want to work with.
- In the CATEGORIES section click Select Category to specify the category or categories to add the product to.
- A pop-up displays. Select the categories. You can add the product to multiple categories.
NOTE: You can remove an existing category from a product by simply deselecting the category in the pop-up.
- Save your changes.
You can also add multiple products to a category using the Bulk action function.
- Create your categories.
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Products > Products.
- In the Product table, select the products that you want to add.
- Click the checkbox icon at the top-left of the Product table.
- Open the Bulk actions drop-down menu and select Add category.
- From the pop-up window that displays, select or type-in the category that you want to add the products to.
- Click Save.
- Create your category.
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Products > Categories and click the category you want to work with.
- Scroll down to the PRODUCTS section.
- Click the Manage Products button. A pop-up showing the products in the category displays. The products that make up the category are displayed in a grid on the right, and products that you can add to the category are listed on the left.
- To add a product to the category, place your cursor on the product in the list on the left, and click the plus symbol that appears. When you add a product, Lightspeed eCom automatically positions the product in the grid according to the sort order you've set for the category. If you've set the Sorting type to Sort manually, you can reorder the product to adjust its visibility, as needed. For more information about sorting products, see Reordering and managing products in a category.
- To remove a product, place your cursor on the product in the grid on the right, and click Select. Then, click the Remove Products button at the bottom.
- You can remove multiple items by selecting each item individually as described above; the Remove Products button indicates the number of items you've selected.
- To remove all items, click Select All, and then click Remove Products.