You cannot take your store offline, because your online store would have to be disconnected from its domain, which would cause negative indexation effects. What you can do however, is temporarily disable purchases, or notify customers that it might take longer to receive their orders.
To temporarily disable purchases
- Create a headline stating that your online store is closed temporarily. Remove the remaining headlines, to prominently display your Temporarily closed notice.
- To disable the shopping on the left menu of the Back Office click Settings and from General Settings click General. At the top of the screen click Advanced.
To allow customers to still place orders
- Create a headline stating that product delivery might temporarily take longer than usual, for example because of holidays. Remove the remaining headlines to prominently display your Closed for holidays notice.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings and from Shop Settings choose Delivery dates. Configure a special delivery time for holidays and set it associate it with the products you want it to apply to. It will be displayed on the associated product pages.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings and from Website Settings choose Notification emails. You can add extra lines of text to automated email messages, such as Due to holidays, deliveries will take longer than usual. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.