Specifications provide an overview of certain product features. In your online store, specifications will be displayed as follows:
Attribute: standard values
Add a specification by clicking the green plus icon in the navigation at the top of the screen. A pop-up window opens, where your can enter a Title. This title will not be visible to customers and is intended to be used by you to link to a product.
Adding attributes to specifications
After creating a specification, you will be taken to the General tab. You can modify the title here, if so desired. Attributes may be added by clicking the Attributes tab at the right at the top of your specification page. Create a new attribute by clicking the green plus icon in the navigation at the top of the screen. Enter the name of the attribute in the Title field. This is the feature you intend to use.
If you for example sell phones, you can create attributes such as Camera, Color, Dimensions etc. The Use existing field refers to previously created attributes. Click Save to create the attribute.
You will be taken to a page where you have to enter its standard value, which cannot be left blank. This value may be modified per individual product. Enter the correct value and subsequently click Save & back.
Repeat this process until all added attributes have been added to the specification in question.
Adding specifications is somewhat laborious. Follow the steps listed below to avoid specifications being invisible to your customers:
- Create a specification, for example Camera.
- Add attributes to the specification, for example Mega pixels.
- Assign standard values to each individual specification, for example 16
Adding specifications to a product
- Navigate to CATALOG > Products and select the desired product. Click the General tab and add the correct specification in the Type drop-down menu (Phone). Click Save at the right at the bottom of the screen.
- You still are in the same product page. Click the Specs tab at the right at the top of the screen. Here you can modify the standard value, should it vary for this particular product.
- Click Save at the right at the bottom of the screen.
The specifications you have entered will now be visible in your online store, in the product page using the Specs tab and will be displayed as follows:
Mega pixels: 16
Size: 4.2 inch