You have two options. Either the PDF file is located on the hard drive of your computer and you upload it to the back office, or you have uploaded it elsewhere already and have its URL.
In the first case follow the steps listed underneath 1. Uploading PDF files and proceed with 2. Adding PDF files to a product, in the latter case you may skip the first section and follow the steps listed underneath 2. Adding PDF files to a product.
1. Uploading PDF files
- Navigate to TOOLS > Files in the left menu of the back office, select the Documents tab and click the green plus icon in the navigation at the top of the screen.
- A pop-up window opens. Click the hard drive with the blue arrow icon to open the file browser window and browse for the desired PDF file. Click Open to upload it the back office.
2. Adding PDF files to a product
- Navigate to CATALOG > Products and select the product you would like to add a PDF download link to.
- You will be automatically taken to the General tab of the product in question.
- In the Contents text area you can add the the PDF file.
- Write a text like Download PDF here.
- Now select this text.
- You will now see a chain icon in the menu above the text area, at the bottom at the right.
- Click it to open the Insert/Edit Link pop-up window.
- Enter the URL of the PDF file in the Link URL field. If you have uploaded the PDF to your back office, as described in phase one, click the file browser icon to open the folder in your back office that contains the PDF file.
- Select Open in a New Window in the Target drop-down menu.
- Enter the name of the PDF file in the Title field.
- Click Insert at the left at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- The PDF file can be downloaded by clicking Download PDF here.