To use Lightspeed Payments, you first have to create a Mollie account.
- Navigate to GENERAL > Settings > Lightspeed Payments in the left menu of the back office. You can find it underneath the Checkout & payment methods caption.
- A pop-up window will open immediately, where you can login with a current Mollie account. Click Sign up below the input fields to proceed to the registration page.
- Enter your personal details underneath General information. All fields must be completed.
- At the right side of the page you will see an overview of the data you have just entered. Please check again.
- Activate the I have read and agree with the Terms and Conditions checkbox at the right on the page. Now click the Continue with Lightspeed Payments button to finish registration.
- You will be taken to a page that immediately displays a pop-up window notifying you that registration was successful. Click Proceed to close the window. In the meantime, you will have received an e-mail message containing your login name and password for your Mollie account.
- The page underneath contains Mollie’s Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully. Below at the right you will find the Yes, I accept the Terms and Conditions button. Click it to accept them. To do so, you will first have to scroll down the entire page. The Terms and Conditions may also downloaded as a PDF file by clicking Download as PDF.
You now have completed all steps for creating an account. You will be taken to the Welcome page> At the top of the screen you will see three buttons: Welcome, Payment methods and Company details.
Website profiles – This screen is adapted from Mollie. Because you have a SEOshop online store, this will always be approved and everything is already configured. If changes in your personal details occur, for example, your e-mail address and/or telephone number, click the Website profiles button on the right. Subsequently click Details next to your website profile. Make changes to your details and click Save and request reverification at the left at the bottom of the form. Only do this when necessary, because Lightspeed Payments may become temporarily unusable.
Payment methods – Navigate to the Payment methods page to configure the payment methods you would like to offer through Lightspeed Payments in your online store. More information can be found underneath the Payment methods caption on this manual page.
Company details - These data only have to be entered if you are using certain payment methods, for example, credit cards. For more information, please refer to the information on company details on this manual page.
On the Payment methods page you will select the payment methods you want to offer in your online store.
- Before you can add a payment method to your online store, Mollie will first prompt you to read their Terms and Conditions concerning payment services and to accept them. They can be found underneath the General steps drop-down menu item.
- Now click the Read immediately and accept button to proceed to the Terms and Conditions concerning payment services.
- Read them. Once you have reached the bottom, you can click Yes, I have read the agreement and accept the Terms and Conditions.
You can review the accepted Terms and Conditions on the Payment methods page, by clicking the View accepted agreement button in the General steps drop-down menu item.
After completing the steps above, you can select payment methods. Most of them operate in a similar fashion.
All payment methods
- Open the desired payment method by clicking the drop-down menu item, for example, iDEAL.
- The menu will fold out, causing the Read immediately and accept button to become visible.
- Click this button to proceed to the appendix. Make sure to check all data. On this page you can also find the fees that apply to the payment method in question.
- Click the Yes, I have read the agreement and accept the Terms and Conditions button at the left at the bottom. If, for some reason, you decide not to use this payment method, then click Back to payment methods at the right of this button or Back at the right at the top of the screen.
- After accepting the agreement, you will be automatically taken to the Payment methods page. Repeat steps 1 to 4 to add all desired payment methods.
With some payment methods the drop-down menu will contain the Company details button, which will take you to the same page as the Company details button at the top of the screen. The payment methods that have this button present in the drop-down menu require this page to be completed and accepted, before they can be offered in your online store. If this button is not listed in the drop-down menu, you can immediately offer the payment method in question.
- Follow steps 1 to 5 of All payment methods.
- Click the Company details button to upload important documents required for verification. If you have already done so with one of the other payment methods, you may skip this step. More information on completing Company details can be found underneath the Company details caption on this page.
- After completing the company details, click Apply for credit card payment method below Credit card.
- A drop-down menu will appear, where you can select the account for which you would like to activate the credit card. Your current registration will be the only available option. Now click the Next button at the right.
- You will be taken to the application form, where you will have to answer a number of questions. They can only be answered in the correct order.
- Once you are finished answering all questions, click the Apply for credit card payment method.
- You will be redirected to the payment methods configuration page, where you will see a notification that the application is being processed. You will receive an e-mail on this matter.
- Follow steps 1 to 5 of All payment methods.
- Click Complete instructions to connect Paypal or click here to open the PDF file with instructions from Mollie. Make sure to follow them before proceeding with the connection.
- After carrying out the instructions, enter your Paypal e-mail address (the one that you used with registration) in the input field in the Paypal drop-down menu. Now click Check. If you have a valid Paypal account and all steps in the PDF document have been completed, your Paypal account will be approved. The red cross icon will automatically change in to a green check mark.
AcceptEmail cannot be configured through SEOshop. Contact Mollie by completing the contact form on Mollie’s website.
Due to a change in the acceptance procedure with paysafecard Mollie can currently not process new applications. This will be possible again in the near future.
Company details must be completed at all times. This information is required to arrange payment from Mollie to your corporate bank account. With some payment methods, entering these data is a prerequisite. If you do not do so, you cannot offer the payment methods in question, for example, with credit cards. With other methods, for example iDEAL, it is upto you when to complete this page. You can already add this payment method to your online store, but you will not receive payment from Mollie yet.
Identification of representatives
Click the Upload button on the right to upload a copy of your passport, ID card, driver’s licence or residence permit. Use the drop-down menu to select the identification type and click Upload again.
Excerpt CoC (Chamber of Commerce)
Click the Upload button on the right to upload your CoC excerpt. Note: It must be digitally signed and may not be older than 6 months. Other versions will not be accepted by Mollie. If you do not possess this excerpt, please contact the CoC.
Corporate bank accounts
The corporate bank account(s) to which Mollie will pay your credit. You can add several bank accounts. Click Bank accounts to verify your bank date, add bank statements or to add an extra bank account. - Details - To validate your current bank account and the account data entered upon registration, you will have to add a bank statement. Click the Details button next to your bank account. A new page will open, which will display your data as entered previously during the registration process or with your Mollie account. If so desired, you can change them. Now click Upload bank statement copy at the right at the bottom of the form. A new window will open, where you can upload the bank statement.
- Bank account number - Check your IBAN account number or enter it if this field is still blank.
- File- Click Browse to search for a bank statement on the hard drive of your computer. Note: Both the account number and ascription should be clearly legible.
- Extra file (optional) - Here you can add a second file (if so desired), for example, an online banking screenshot.
- Add bank account - If you want to add an extra bank account, click Add bank account at the left at the bottom. This will take you to a page where you can enter data. When you are finished, click Create bank account at the left at the bottom.
Specification of Ultimate Beneficial Owner(s)
Mollie is required by law to discover who is/are the ultimate beneficial owner(s) within your organization. This concerns natural persons, who possess 25% or more of available stock or voting rights. Click the Submit information button at the right at the bottom to fill the UBO statement.
You will be taken to a page where you will have to answer a number of questions with Yes, No or No, there are only persons with a share smaller than 25%. You will have to answer a question first, before the next will appear, its content depending on your previous answer. For example, if you answer the first question with Yes, the second question will appear. If you answer with No, an input form will appear. If you are not a stakeholder with 25% or more of available stock, or if there are other stakeholders, you will have to enter their first names, last names and birthdates.
After submitting the correct answers, click Save data at the left at the bottom of the screen.
Lightspeed Payments activation
The only thing you have to do now is to activate Lightspeed Payments. This can be done by navigating to GENERAL > Settings > Payment methods in the left menu of the back office and subsequently clicking Lightspeed Payments.