If you have purchased a new domain name and want to replace your current domain name by the new one, you will have to setup a connection for yourself, as well as with your hosting provider, as in the first case.
Implementing changes with your hosting provider
There are two ways to connect your new domain name to SEOshop, though DNS or a name server. For detailed information on how to connect your domain name to SEOshop with your hosting provider, please refer to the support page.
Replacing your old domain name by a new one
After connecting your new domain name through DNS or a name server, you can replace the old one.
- Navigate to GENERAL > Settings > E-mails & domains in the left menu.
- Remove your old domain name by clicking the red minus sign next to it.
- A pop-up window will open, where you need to confirm that you want to delete the domain name.
- A new pop-up window will open, where you need to fill in you SEOshop back office password.
- Click the green plus icon at the top of the screen to add a new domain name.
- A pop-up window will open, where you can enter your new domain name. Note: Enter the name only, without the “www.” prefix!
- Domain name– Enter the domain and appropriate extension (.nl, .com etc.).
- Sync to mail server– Activate this option if you are connected through a name server.
- Domain registrar– This option will only be visible if all data underneath MY ACCOUNT > Invoices > Invoice data in the left menu has been entered correctly. If this is not the case, you can only add a domain name purchased through hosting companies such as Transit or Hostnet.
- Have you purchased the domain name from a hosting company? Then select "I want to use my own domain registrar".
- Have you not purchased a domain name yet? Then choose "Use SEOshop as my domain registrar". Subsequently, your domain name will be checked for availability.
- Enter the domain and the correct extension (.com etc.) and click Save.