Facebook has over 650 million users in Europe, which is why it has become an important platform to reach your target audience(s). Not only to communicate the latest news, but also to attract more visitors to your online store, with more turnover being the ultimate goal.
With a Facebook store you can enable your customers to purchase from your store, while logged in on Facebook. Activating a Facebook store is free of charge.
Creating a Facebook account
To activate a Facebook store you will first have to create a corporate page in Facebook. This can also be done using your Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook website.
- Click Create a page and choose the category that best fits your online store. Now enter the name of the Facebook page. For example the same name as the name of your online store.
- You will be taken to a registration page, where you can create a personal/corporate account or login to an existing Facebook account, like one used privately. If you do not want your personal account linked to your corporate account and you have not created a Facebook account for your company, select "I do not have a Facebook account" to create one for your company. If you are already logged in to your Facebook account, this step will be skipped and you can immediately continue with step four.
- You will now be taken to a page containing three steps. If you wish to complete them later, you may skip this page by clicking Skip.
- Step 1: Upload an image, for example your logo.
- Step 2: Use Invite friends to invite your existing Facebook friends, or send an invitation to contacts in other lists (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.)
- Step 3: Add the URL of your online store here. It will be displayed in the About information section on Facebook. Other information will be displayed at the side of your Facebook page.
Creating a Facebook store
- Navigate to GENERAL > Design > General > Facebook Commerce in the left menu of the back office.
- Click Connect with Facebook next to Facebook Page ID. If you are already logged in on Facebook, the Facebook Page ID will be filled in automatically. If not, you will be prompted to sign up for Facebook. If you have several Pages in your account, select the page you want the shop linked to in the drop-down menu. You can also link your online store to a number of Facebook pages. To do so, click Connect to Facebook, after having linked the first page.
- You can opt to display/hide a header. Activate it by ticking the check box in the Use header field.
- You can add a header by clicking Edit. In the pop-up window that opens, you can subsequently select the file on your computer. Check the page for the correct header dimensions.
- Use the Show headlines option to indicate whether you want the headlines created through GENERAL > Design > Contents > Headlines in the left menu displayed in your Facebook store.