All products have their own price and inventory management. Do you sell products with a number of variants that each require their own inventory management? If so, you can create additional variants for each individual product. To do this, in the the left menu of the Back Office, go to Products > Inventory & Variants. On this page, you'll find a default variant that is created when you first create a product.
To create variants, see Creating product variants.
At SYSTEM > Settings > SHOP SETTINGS > Workflow you can set the data for every new variant.
To configure prices and stock levels
Every variant has its own price and stock settings. Click on the title of the variant click the variant you want to work with to open the settings or click Add variants to create a new variant.
- Title - Add the name of the variant for example L or XL.
- Price - enter the price you charge your customers for the product.
- Old price - if the product is reduced in price, enter the old price here to display the old price with a strike-through next to the new price, so that your customers can see the reduction.
- Cost price - enter the amount you pay for the product. This is not visible to customers.
- Unit measurement - if applicable, select a unit.
- Tax - different tax rates can apply to products. If you are in North America, see Configuring taxes to set up your taxes. Before you can select the applicable tax rate, you first have to create it in Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Taxes . You can check tax rates here. Tax legislation - As of January 1st 2015, telecommunication, radio and TV broadcast services as well as electronic (digital) services are subject to the VAT rate that applies to the country where a customer resides. Previously, digital services were subject to the VAT rate that applies to your company’s place of residence. As an online store owner, you have to identify which products fall under digital services. With these products, you can select the Electronic Service option in Tax Legislation.
- Calculate taxes automatically (North America only) - Select this option if you are located in Canada or United states. Make sure your Automatic tax rate is set correctly at SYSTEM > Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Taxes. You do not have to fill in Tax rate and Tax legislation if you select Calculate taxes automatically.
- Additional costs - Select one of the applicable additional charges, which you can create through SYSTEM > Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Additional Costs in the left menu.
- Unit price - Enter the price per individual unit, weight or volume. You can choose from a variety of units, such as grams, liters and square centimeters. If you do not see this option listed, activate it through SYSTEM > Settings > SHOP SETTINGS > Workflow in the left menu of the Back Office. Unit prices are only visible when your customers compare products.
- Unit measurements - choose from a variety of units the unit connected to the unit price.
- Cost price - Enter the amount that you have to pay for the product in question yourself. It will not be visible for customers.
- Article code - The code you assign to products so you can identify them in your online store. The article code is visible on invoices and packing slips and can be used to search your online store and the Backoffice.
- Barcode - European Article Number, also known as bar code. Enter it if you use a bar code scanner.
- SKU - Stock Keeping Unit, the number of the warehouse where products are stored. It is printed on the packing slip.
- HS code - Enter a Harmonized System code. Some shipping companies require HS codes for international shipments.
WEIGHT / SIZES
- Weight - Enter the weight of the product as it determines your shipping costs. If you use several shipping methods such as like mailbox mail or package services, each with their own rates, we recommend that you enter product weights accurately. The system determines the appropriate shipping method based on the weight entered. If you charge the same shipping costs for all of your products, or if you do not charge shipping, for example for downloadable items, leave the default weight at 0 (zero). Weights are visible in your online store only when customers compare products.
- Volume - This field is only required if you use Paazl. It is visible only in your online store.
- Matrix - Enter the product dimensions. These are visible in your online store if customers compare products. Use the Matrix option only if you use Paazl for shipping. Each matrix can have its own price group. If a product is very light in weight, but requires a sizable package due to its dimensions, you can use a different matrix than with regular packages.
- Colli - Collo (plural form colli), is the individual packaging unit for a shipment. Configure this if you need several units to ship a given product. Collo is used only in combination with Paazl.
- Track the inventory - Choose whether you want to track your inventory. Activating this monitors Notify below and Backorders.
- On: You are notified if the number in stock of a product reaches below the minimum, the status of Allow backorders is monitored.
- Off: You are not notified if the number in stock of a product reaches below the minimum, and customers are able to order the product at all times.
- Allow backorders - Choose this to allow purchases even when products are out of stock. If this is On, products will always be displayed in your online store, even when they are sold out.
- Quantity - Enter the initial number of items in stock for each product. The quantity automatically changes when the product is ordered.
- Notify below - Through Track the inventory you have indicated that you want to be notified when the number in stock reaches below minimum. Enter the minimum value.
- Minimum quantity - If you choose that customers cannot purchase a product when it is not in stock, enter the number when customers can no longer order. The default is 0.
- Minimum/maximum order quantity - If you want to set order limits enter the minimum and maximum numbers for the product.