You can create a quote for a customer in the Lightspeed eCom Back Office, which you can then turn into an order. This article explains how to do this.
To create a quote
- Navigate to SHOP > Orders in the left menu of the Back Office.
- Click Create a quote at the top-right of the screen.
- Select the customer you are quoting. For a new customer, click Add new customer to enter the customer's data and select a customer type.
- Verify the customer's address, or if it's a new customer, enter their information.
- Click Add a product to add a product variant to the quote. A pop-up window opens where you can select the product variant. Click the green plus icon next to the product variant to add it; repeat this process for any additional products. Then, click Next step at the top-right of the screen to continue.
- Select the shipping method. If you haven't yet added a shipping method, click Add new shipping method. If you've already configured a shipping method(s), select it. Then, check that the customer’s address is complete, the selected shipping method is available in the customer's country of residence, and the shipment weight. Click Next step to continue.
- Select the payment method for the order by clicking it. If you haven't yet added a payment method, click Add new payment method. Once you've selected the payment method, click Finish to create the quote.
- Once the quote is created, you can change it or send it to the customer by clicking Action > Send quote. A quote looks and functions like an order except that you cannot add invoices and packing slips to it.
- When your customer accepts the quote, you can convert it to an order by clicking Convert to order at the top-right of the screen. You will be taken directly to the order dashboard.
NOTE: You can't modify a quote once it's converted to an order.
To convert a quote to an order
When the customer accepts the quote you sent them, you can convert it into an order. Keep in mind that you can't change a quote once it's been converted into an order.
- On the left menu of the Back Office, click Orders.
- At the top of the screen, click Quotes.
- Click the quote you want to work with and process the order.