Payment providers offer ecommerce merchants a single interface to one or more online payment methods. Lightspeed eCom allows you to choose from a variety of payment providers, depending on your store's location and the payment method you want to use.
- Read Adding a payment method for general setup instructions. Refer to the links listed below for setup instructions related to specific payment providers.
- Some payment providers redirect users from checkout to complete payment. The rest complete payment within checkout
Payment providers available to you
The payment providers and the payment methods they accept vary by region.
The most reliable way to know the payment providers available to you is by checking your eCom admin:
- In your eCom admin select Settings.
- Select Payment providers, located under the Payment Settings column.
- The payment providers available in your region appear here or by selecting Add Payment Provider.
Review the setup documentation for a specific payment provider:
- Lightspeed Payments
- Ogone (Ingenico)
Some payment providers are built to redirect your customers after they complete your website's checkout process in order to enter their payment details. They are redirected to a secure third party website associated to the payment provider. Once they enter their payment details, they will be redirected back to your website.
For example, you choose to setup PayPal as your payment service provider. Your customer completes checkout by entering their address, shipping options, selects PayPal as the payment option and clicks Buy. Your customer will be redirected to PayPal's website to login to PayPal account or enter in their payment details.
The following payment providers will redirect your customers. Click to view images an example of what your customers would see: