EasyPost is currently the only integrated shipping estimator for eCom in North America. EasyPost specializes in shipping solutions and can access rates from many shipping providers including:
If you do not want to use EasyPost you can set up your own pre-defined shipping rates.
To get started with EasyPost
- Sign up for EasyPost
- Configure your EasyPost shipment options in eCom Backoffice.
- Configure EasyPost carriers.
To sign up for EasyPost
To offer EasyPost shipping, sign up for EasyPost here.
To configure EasyPost
- On the left panel of Backoffice go to Settings and from SHOP SETTINGS choose Shipment Methods.
- Click Connect EasyPost and configure your options.
- Enable this integration - Activate the switch to make EasyPost available in your shop.
- API key - Enter the API key for your account. It is provided by EasyPost and can also be retrieved from your EasyPost account. Important: EasyPost provides you with two API keys: Test and Live. You can use the Test API key during your trial period. You will not be charged and none of the requests will appear in your live mode reporting. As soon as you start selling, you need to enter the Live API key.
- Tax rate - Select the tax rate for your location. Do not use this option if you are located in the United States or Canada. Tax will be handled automatically if you set up your taxes in Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Taxes.
Enter your company's mailing address details that you want to appear on return shipment labels.
To configure EasyPost carriers
By default EasyPost already has USPS configured. If you want to use other supported EasyPost carriers you must enable them manually through your EasyPost account.
- Log in into your EasyPost account.
- Go to EasyPost > Account > Carriers.
- Select carrier you want to integrate with.
- Enter the carrier account information or follow onscreen instructions. You may be required to set up an account with the carrier.
The new carrier should be available almost immediately after you save your carrier settings and refresh the checkout page.
To set up international shipping with EasyPost
When all the products in a buyer's shopping cart have affiliated HS codes, they will have the option of international shipping with EasyPost at checkout.
- In the Backoffice, select Settings.
- Under General Settings, click General.
- Click Advanced from the General Settings menu.
- In the Store section, enable HS Codes.
- Click Save. Return to the main dashboard.
- Click Settings.
- Under Shop Settings, click Shipping Methods.
- Click Configure EasyPost.
- Complete the new international shipping fields.
- Click Save.
TO ADD HARMONIZED SYSTEM TARIFF CODES
- Select the product on the Products page.
- In the Inventory and Variants section, click the variant to open the Edit variant popup.
- In the Identifiers section, enter a Harmonized System code in the HS code field. Only the first 6 digits of the HS code are necessary. Click Find an HS Code below the field if code is unknown.
- Click Save.
Repeat the procedure for all products that you want to make available for international shipping.