There are two Lightspeed Payment services. This article refers to the Lightspeed Payments available in Europe. Click here for information regarding Lightspeed Payments available in the United States.
In order to use Lightspeed Payments, you need a Mollie account. The following steps will help you create one. If you already have a Mollie account, click here.
- Registering for Lightspeed Payments
- Setting up Lightspeed Payment methods
- General steps
- Set up payment methods
- Company data
- Activate Lightspeed Payments - Part 2
- Go to Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Payment providers via the left menu of the Back Office.
- Click on Signup in the Lightspeed Payments banner.
- You will be redirected to a page where you must fill in all the information Mollie needs from you.
- Click Register at the top right of the screen to create your Lightspeed Payments account.
NOTE: From this moment on you pay €5 monthly for the use of Lightspeed Payments. You will receive an email containing your login name and password for your Mollie account.
After you have registered for Lightspeed Payments, it is important that you set up payment methods.
- Click Dashboard to set up Lightspeed Payments.
- You will be redirected in the pop-up window to the Lightspeed Payments settings page:
- Add account information - click on Account to add your details if the data is not yet complete. You will be redirected to your account page in the Mollie environment. Pay attention! All data must be entered correctly.
- Create a website profile - this screen has been taken over from Mollie. Because you have a Lightspeed webshop, this is always approved and everything is already set. If there is anything to change in your data, such as your e-mail address and / or telephone number, click on the button Website profiles . Then click on Details next to your website profile . Modify the data and then click Save and recheck requests on the left below the form. Do this only if necessary because this can make Lightspeed Payments temporarily unusable.
NOTE: Detail - in addition to your user data, you will also find a number of API data. Only come here if requested by Lightspeed or Mollie after personal contact. Wrong changes can cause Lightspeed Payments to stop working.
- Activate payment methods - go to the Payment Methods page to set the payment methods that you want to offer in your web store via Lightspeed Payments. More information can be found under the heading Payment methods on this manual page.
- Activate payment - you only need to enter this information if you use certain payment methods such as credit cards. For more information about this page, I would like to refer you to the information about Company data on this manual page.
- Payment methods - On the Payment Methods page, you select the payment methods that you want to offer in your eCom store.
This option must be accepted. This is Mollie's general payment services agreement. Click Read and accept directly to read and accept it. You will then receive a contract and you can start setting up the payment methods.
After accepting the general payment services agreement you can activate payment methods. Every payment method has a number of standard settings. Some payment methods still have a number of extra settings, these can be found under the heading Exceptions on this manual page.
NOTE: This screen has been taken over from Mollie. Mollie offers more payment methods than you can set up at Lightspeed. You can not use paysafecard and PODIUM Gift Card .
- Open the desired payment method by clicking on the drop-down menu item, for example iDEAL.
- The menu folds out, making the Direct Reading and Accept button visible.
- Click on this button to arrive at the Addendum. Check all data carefully. On this page you can also read the rates for the relevant payment method.
- Click on the Yes button at the bottom left , I have read the agreement and agree to conditions . If you do not want to use this payment method, click on Back to payment methods on the right of this button.
- After you have accepted the agreement you will automatically return to the Payment Methods page. You can review the accepted payment services agreement by clicking View accepted contract.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 to add all desired payment methods.
Once payment methods are created, the Company details button appears in the drop-down men . This page is the same page as the Business Information button at the top of the screen. The payment methods where this button is present in the drop-down menu require that this page be filled in and accepted before you can offer the payment methods in your shop. If this button is not in the drop-down menu, you can offer the relevant payment method directly.
- Follow steps 1 to 5 of Set up payment methods .
- Click the Company Information button to upload important documents needed for authentication. If you have already done this with one of the other payment methods, you can skip this step. You can read more information about filling in Company data under the heading Company details on this page.
- Click on Credit card payment method under credit card now after the company details have been entered.
- A drop-down menu appears, in which you can select the account for which you want to activate the credit card. Your current registration will be the only option. Then right click on the button Continue.
- You arrive at the application form where you have to fill in a number of questions. You can only reply in the correct order.
- When you have finished answering all questions, click the Apply credit card payment method button at the bottom right.
- You return to the settings page for the payment methods, which indicates that the application is pending. You will receive an email about this.
- Follow steps 1 to 5 of Set up payment methods .
- Click on Complete instructions to link PayPal or click here to open the pdf with instructions written by Mollie. Follow the instructions in this PDF before you can continue with the link.
- After you have completed the instructions, enter your PayPal e-mail address (with which you are registered with PayPal) in the entry field in the Paypal drop-down menu. Click Check . If you have a valid PayPal account and all steps in the PDF have been carried out, your PayPal account will be approved. The red cross icon will automatically change to a green tick.
The company information must be filled in at all times. This information is needed to arrange the payment from Mollie to your business bank account. With some payment methods it is mandatory to fill in these details. If you do not, you can not offer that payment method in your shop. An example of this is credit cards. With other payment methods, such as iDEAL, it is up to you when you add this page. You can already offer this payment method in your webshop, but you will not be paid yet by Mollie.
Checking and accepting the company data may take some time. If you have any questions, please contact Mollie customer service .
To view a copy of your passport, ID card, driver's license or residence document, click the Upload button on the right. Select in the drop-down menu which form of identification you have uploaded. Then click on Upload again
Chamber of Commerce extract
Click on the Upload button on the right to upload your Chamber of Commerce extract. Pay attention! Your Chamber of Commerce extract must be a digitally certified document and must not be older than 6 months! Other versions may not accept Mollie. If you do not have this extract, you should contact the Chamber of Commerce.
Business bank accounts
The business bank account on which your credit will be paid by Mollie. You can add multiple bank accounts. Click Bank Accounts to check your bank details.
- Check your IBAN number on the page you first come up with and then click View verification methods .
- You will then be asked to transfer a small amount via iDEAL or Transfer. If you have opted for a bank transfer, you will receive an e-mail with the information
- Once you have done that, you can click on Bank account again in the main menu . You now come to a detail page
- Details - In order to validate and commission your current account, the account details you entered during registration, you must add a bank statement. Click the Details button on the right of your account . A new page will open, in which your data will appear as you entered earlier during the registration process or in your Mollie account (if verified). You can still change this. Then, on the right below the form, click Upload a copy of bank statement . A new screen opens in which you can upload the bank statement.
- Account number - check your IBAN account number or add your IBAN account number yourself if this field is still empty.
- File - Click on Select File to select a bank statement on the hard drive of your computer. Pay attention! Both the account number and the name of your account must be clearly visible on your bank statement.
- Extra file (optional) - here you can add a second file, for example a screenshot of internet banking.
- Adding a bank account - if you want to add an extra bank account number, click on Add bank account at the bottom left . If you click on this, you come to a page where you can enter the data. After you have done so, click on Create bank account at the bottom left .
Giving up Ultimately interested party(s)
Mollie has the legal duty to find out who has ultimate interests in your organization. This concerns natural persons who hold 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in an organization. Click on the button Information delivery for filling in the UBO (Ultimate Beneficial Owner (s)).
You can go out on a page where you have to answer a number of questions with Yes , No or No, there are only people with a share of less than 25% . You must answer one question before the other appears, depending on your answer to the questions. If, for example, you answer yes to the first question, the second question appears. If you answer the first question No, a form will appear, for example. If there are other interested parties besides you, or if you are not interested with 25% or more shares, then you must fill in the first names, surnames and date of birth.
Click enter the correct answers to Save data at the bottom left of the screen.
The next step is Lightspeed Payments - Activating Part 2.