There are two Lightspeed Payment services. This article refers to the Lightspeed Payments available in Europe. Click here for information regarding Lightspeed Payments available in the United States.
To use Lightspeed Payments, you must have an account with Mollie or have created an account via Lightspeed. If you already have a Mollie account, click here . Not yet a Mollie account, but want to use Lightspeed Payments click here .
- If you have already created a Lightspeed Payments account, go to Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Payment provider and click on Add a payment provider at the top right of the screen.
- Search for Lightspeed Payments in the list and click Add.
- You will be redirected directly to the Lightspeed Payments edit page:
- API Key - Enter the API key you receive from Mollie after activating Lightspeed Payments. This is automatically filled in after you sign up for Lightspeed Payments via the eCom Back Office.
Activate the payment methods that you use in your Lightspeed Payments account. The payment method you have previously activated in your Mollie account or just activated during the registration process. Activate the correct payment method to be able to offer this option in your webshop, so that your customers can use it to pay their orders. You activate a payment method by clicking on the icon / logo.
- Activate this payment provider - activate the status by switching the switch to active.
- Visible to - which customers can use Lightspeed Payments
- Customers - only consumers can use Lightspeed Payments.
- B2B - only business customers can use Lightspeed payments
- Both - both business customers and consumers can use Lightspeed Payments.
Click on the switch button to activate the options below. At that moment an input field or drop-down menu will appear in which you can enter the desired data.
- Minimum amount - the minimum order amount that customers can use Lightspeed Payments.
- Maximum amount - the maximum order amount that customers can use Lightspeed Payments.
- Extra costs (fixed) - extra costs that customers have to pay to make use of Lightspeed Payments.
- Extra costs (percentage) - a percentage of the total order amount that customers have to pay extra when using Lightspeed Payments.
- Additional costs (VAT) - allow customers to pay taxes on the extra costs for the use of Lightspeed Payments. Pay attention! Always turn this option on when you set additional costs.
- No extra costs above - all extra costs are canceled if the customer has an order amount above this amount.
The various payment options have different minimum and maximum amounts. View this page for more information.
The above options can also be set per payment method. Under Additional settings, click on Prices per method to set additional charges or minimum order amount per payment.