Under the GDPR, your customers can request to receive, edit or delete their personal information. These can be processed inside your eCom back office.
IMPORTANT: Be cautious when performing these operations. Providing personal information to the incorrect party may be considered a data breach under the GDPR. Likewise, deleting customer information is permanent and cannot be reversed, so ensure you will not require this information in the future for legal, tax or payment processing purposes.
- Verify the identity of the person making the request.
- Research the personal information you're required to keep in your circumstances.
Processing customer requests for personal information or deletion
- Login to your eCom Back Office and select Customers.
- Select the name of the customer making the request.
- Click Download customer to download the information Lightspeed possesses.
- Click Delete customer to permanently delete their information from Lightspeed.
Processing requests for data modification
If a customer is requesting to make changes to their personal information, you can process their request by making modifications to their information in the eCom Back Office > Customers. For more information, click here.
- Read managing GDPR requests for back office accounts when a request is from someone who had an account in the eCom back office.
- Read our Introduction to GDPR and Required GDPR actions for more information.
- Read these articles when a request relates to: