Under the GDPR, anyone who has had an account in the eCom back office can request to receive, modify or delete their personal information. Complete a form on our Lightspeed Help Center to manage their information or deletion requests. Lightspeed will process the requests and notify you by email once complete.
IMPORTANT: Be cautious when performing these operations. Providing personal information to the incorrect party may be considered a data breach under the GDPR. Likewise, deleting employee information is permanent and cannot be reversed, so ensure you will not require this information in the future for legal, tax or payment processing purposes.
- Verify the identity of the person making the request.
- Research the information that you're required to keep. For example, you may be required to keep certain information for tax or regulatory reasons.
Submitting requests for back office accounts:
- In the top right-hand corner of the Lightspeed Help Center, click Submit a request.
- From the drop-down, select GDPR Request.
- Enter your email address and name.Enter your phone number and the subject of your request.
- From the drop-down, select a GDPR request type.
- If the employee is asking to view the information they have, select Information and access request.
- If the employee is asking to edit their personal information from your eCom Back Office, select Data modification request.
- If the employee is asking to delete their information, select Data deletion request.
- Enter a clear and concise description of what you need help with.
- Optionally, enter your Account ID. You can find it by clicking Help at the bottom-left of your Retail account.
- Click Submit.