When a customer selects In-store pickup in checkout, an order is created with the status Prep in-store pickup. You must prepare the order to notify the customer to come to your location and pick up the order.
Read Setting up in-store or curbside pickup for help with these requirements:
- An in-store pickup shipping method must be enabled.
- The Ready for pickup template must have a subject and body.
- Open an order with the status Prep in-store pickup.
- Identify the contents of the order and prepare the products for pickup. Package, reserve, wrap or organize the order as required.
- In the order, select Mark as ready for pickup. An email based on the Ready for pickup template will automatically be sent to the order's email address.
- When the customer picks up the order, select Mark as picked up.