To configure Authorize.net as a payment provider
- Register for an account with Authorize.net.
- Once you register, Authorize.net will display your Transaction Key and API Login ID. Copy both.
- In eCom on the left menu of the Back Office, click Settings and from Payment Settings click Payment Providers.
- At the top-right corner of the screen click Add a payment provider and add Authorize.net.
- Paste the Transaction Key and API Login ID into the relevant fields.
NOTE: Authorize.net does NOT have CCV enabled by default. To enable CCV:
- Log in to your Authorize.net account and go to Account > Settings > Payment Form > Form Fields.
- Enable both the View and Edit options next to Card Code.
- Then, go to Account > Settings > Card Code Verification.
- This page allows you to specify how invalid responses are handled during card code validation. You can keep the default settings or modify them to your preferences.
- Optionally, enter an MD5 hash. MD5 is not necessary to protect your data, since all data is secured using an SSL certificate during checkout. MD5 offers an extra layer of security, if desired.
You must enter an MD5 hash in plain text in both the Authorize.net setup and in Lightspeed eCom. For example: If your plain text MD5 is "mypassword", enter exactly this string in your Authorize.net MD5 setup. Then, enter "mypassword" in the MD5 Hash field, under PROVIDER SETTINGS, above.
DO NOT enter the hashed string—for example, 34819d7beeabb9260a5c854bc85b3e44—as this will cause processing errors.
- To test the Authorize.net integration without processing payments, switch to Test mode.
NOTE: You must also set your Authorize.net account to test mode. To enable test mode in Authorize.net:
- Log in to your Authorize.net account and go to Account > Settings > Test Mode.
- Toggle the switch between Test and Live.
WARNING: Once you've finished testing, make sure to toggle to Live mode in both Lightspeed eCom and on your Authorize.net account. Otherwise, your store will be unable to process payments.
- Select which card types you'll accept, and configure the other payment information.
- Toggle Activate this payment provider to on.
- Save your changes.