If you have staff members who help you manage your online store, you can give them permission to access the back office. The number of users you can have depends on your plan and your eCom version.
eCom versions connected to:
No Lightspeed POS:
BASIC ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL 1 users 3 users Unlimited
BASIC ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL Unlimited: Accounts created automatically when accessing eCom via Retail. For more information, click here.
To add Back Office users
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Settings and from GENERAL SETTINGS choose Users.
- At the top of the screen click Add a user, enter their first name, last name and email address and save your changes.
NOTE: Each user must have a unique email address.
- Change the dropdown menu labeled Status from Pending to Approved.
- Click Save.
- Ask the user to check their email and click a link to create their password.
Troubleshooting the welcome email
When a welcome email has not been received, common troubleshooting steps include:
- Checking the user's email for typos
- Checking the junk mail of the user
A welcome email will not be sent if the email address has been previously used in another eCom store. The user may not be aware their email was used. Follow these instructions to rule out this issue:
- Have your user go to your eCom store's Back Office login screen at yourstoreurl.com/admin.
- Have them click Forgot your password?
- Have them enter their email address and click Reset Password.
- When they receive the password reset email, have them click Reset password in the email immediately, as the password reset link will expire.
- They will be taken to a webpage to enter their new password.
- Once they enter their new password, they will automatically be logged into an eCom store associated to their email.
- Have your user click the store name in the sidebar.
- A list of stores this email account has access to will appear. Make sure your user clicks Switch to store for your eCom store.
To configure user rights
If you are the shop owner you can configure permissions for other users. The permissions give access to Back Office areas. In addition you can indicate user approval in the Status field and till what time in the Expires field.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings. From the GENERAL SETTINGS section, click Users and choose the user you want to work with.
- Select the permissions you want to enable for the user.
- From the Status menu select a status for the user.
- You can optionally set an expiration date for the permissions in the Expires box.
To restrict the ability to change prices
If your users do not possess financial access rights you can prevent them from editing the cost prices of products.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings > General Settings > Advanced
- Deactivate the Cost price switch and save your changes.