You can change the prefixes and start numbers of order documents in Lightspeed eCom. Order documents include: Orders, Invoices and Shipping packing slips. Prefixes and start numbers specify the appearance of codes used to uniquely identify order documents.
Before you adjust these settings, read the order document defaults and limits.
- In your eCom admin, go to Settings.
- Under GENERAL SETTINGS, click Administration.
- Scroll to an order document's section.
- Enter a new prefix and start number.
- Select Save.
Order document defaults
|Order document||Default prefix||Default start value||Result for first created|
|Shipping (Packing slip)||SHIP||0||SHIP00001|
Order document prefix and start number limits
To prevent duplicate codes, certain limits are built-in:
- The smallest combination of prefixes and start numbers is five digits. For example, deleting the prefix and having a start value of 0, the first order document's code will be: 00001.
- A running total of your order documents will always be included in the new number. The new number will equal the number of the order documents in eCom, plus the new start value. For example, you want to change your order documents to reflect the new year. On December 31, 2018 at 11:50PM, you have a total of 120 orders in your eCom store. You change the start value for all order documents to 190000. On January 1, 2019, your next new order's number will be ORD190121.