Your order processing workflow may differ from the default order statuses in Lightspeed eCom. To communicate to your team and your customers that the order has been processed in a specific way, you can create custom statuses. You can do this by creating custom order statuses in your Workflow settings then adding them an order from the Dashboard of an order.
Creating custom order statuses
- From the left menu of your eCom Back Office, click Settings > SHOP SETTINGS > Workflow.
- At the bottom of the page you will find the Order status section. Click on Add New Status.
- Enter the desired status in the pop-up window under Title.
- Choose a desired color for the order status via the color picker.
- Click Add at the bottom right of the pop-up window.
Adding custom order statuses to an order
- From the left menu of your eCom Back Office, click > Orders > Select the order that requires a custom status.
- From dashboard of the order click More in the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Select Edit Status and pop-up window opens in which you can select the desired status.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Registered customers can see the status in their account in your eCom store.