When a customer places an order in your online store, Lightspeed eCom automatically creates an account even if the customer places the order as a guest.
This article describes the steps for adding or modifying a customer account manually and archiving a customer account.
In this article
You can manually create or modify a customer account in the Back Office.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Customers.
- Click Add a customer to create a new customer or select the customer account you want to modify.
- Enter the customer's details under:
- PERSONAL INFORMATION including their First name, Initials, Last name and E-mail address. Toggle the switch on beside Waiting for approval to allow the customer access to their account.
- CONTACT INFORMATION including their Phone number, Mobile phone number, Language, Gender and Date of birth. Toggle the switch beside Customer agrees to receive marketing emails to update the customer's preference to receive marketing emails.
NOTE: The available languages that you may select for the customer depend on the settings found in your eCom Back Office > Settings> Shop Settings > Store country > LANGUAGES.
- CUSTOMER TYPE including whether they are a Private customer or a Business.
- COMPANY INFORMATION is visible only when the CUSTOMER TYPE is set to Business and it includes the Company name, Identification Number, Chamber of Commerce number and the Tax identification number.
- BILLING ADDRESS including the Country, To the attention of, Address 1, House number, Extension, Address 2, Zip code / Postal Code, City and Region.
- SHIPPING ADDRESS including a switch you can toggle off if the billing address differs from the shipping address. If so, enter their shipping details.
- NOTES including any notes related to the customer. These notes will only be visible in the eCom Back Office.
- Once you're done, click Save at the top-right of the screen. You're redirected back to the customer overview page.
- Click Send password to send a password reset link by email to the customer. You're prompted to confirm the action; click Send a new password to confirm.
- On the left menu of the Back Office, click Customers.
- Click the customer account you want to archive.
- On the customer overview page, click Edit at the top-right.
- Once in edit mode, scroll down and click Archive this customer at the bottom-left of the screen.
Learn how to fully delete a customer in response to a GDPR request by visiting Managing GDPR requests.