Depending on your theme, you can add menu options with custom links in your eCom store's main navigation. This can be useful if you want to link customers to other places within your eCom store. While it is also possible to link your customers to other websites, it is recommended that you only link to pages within your eCom store to maintain your eCom store's conversion.
For more information about other ways to create options in your main navigation, click here.
In order to add menu options with custom links:
- In the left menu of the Back Office click Design > Navigation.
- Click Default under the Title column.
- Click Add link.
- Type the title of the menu option in the field labeled Link title.
- In the dropdown menu labeled Link to, select an option:
- Home page - Will link to your eCom store's homepage. Useful if you want to add a custom Home link in your navigation.
- Brand - By clicking Brand, you will be able to search for and select a brand in your eCom store. Useful when you want to link customers directly to an important brand you carry in your eCom store.
- Category - Clicking Category allows you to link directly to another category page. This is useful when you want to add a custom text in your menu that links to a category of a different title. Otherwise, it's recommended you just create a visible category. For more information about categories, click here.
- Product - Clicking Product allows you to search for and select a product in your eCom store. This is useful when you want link customers directly to an important product in your eCom store's inventory.
- Page - Clicking Page allows you to search for and select a page in your eCom store. This is useful when you want to prominently display an important page like your return policy in your main navigation.
- URL - Clicking URL allows you to enter a web address to the URL of any website. Copy the target web address including https:// and paste it in the URL field. This is useful if you have more than one website and you want your customers to easily be able to access it.
- Loyalty - Clicking Loyalty allows you to link directly to the loyalty page. This is useful when you want customers to have new information regarding your loyalty program. For more information about loyalty, click here.
- Enable the checkbox labeled Open link in new window if required. This will open a new tab or window instead of using the same tab or window that your eCom store is being displayed. Checking this box recommended when you're linking your customers to another website.
- Click Save.
- Click Back to Home in the left-hand menu.
- Click View Store to test to make sure your link has appeared in the header. If it's still not visible, check your footer. Your theme may be designed to display a new link in your footer. If your link is in the footer, you may need to modify your store's design settings. Click here for more information.
Adding new menus
The option found in the left menu of the Back Office > Design > Navigation > New menu is used mainly by Lightspeed's partners and requires in-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS. If you decide to use this option, please keep in mind that Lightspeed cannot provide technical support for it.