Bpost is only available in The Netherlands and Belgium. For more information, click here.
With the Bpost Shipping Manager you can offer customers in Belgium the opportunity to choose from Bpost's delivery scenarios. The Bpost Shipping Manager is particularly interesting if you are established in Belgium as a web retailer or if you have a distribution office in Belgium. The Bpost Shipping Manager can also be used for shipments from Belgium to abroad. Bpost cooperates with 220 different countries and regions.
Get started with BPost by signing up with Bpost. Once you are signed up, you can set the shipping options in the Back Office of your eCom Store by going to Settings > SHOP SETTINGS > Shipping methods > Connect to Bpost .
Set up Bpost Shipping Manager
Go to Settings > SHOP SETTINGS > Shipping methods > Connect to Bpost to configure the following settings:
- Enable this integration - activate the switch when Bpost is fully set up and operational. At that time your customers can use this function.
- Mode - set the mode to Live as soon as you want customers to be able to choose Bpost as a shipping method.
- Account id & Passphrase - these are the account information provided to you by Bpost. Enter them accurately and keep them in a safe place. The Passphrase is not the Bpost password. The Passphrase can be found in the Shipping Manager via Admin > General Settings.
- Let customers choose a delivery time - activate this option if you want to offer the option of choosing a specific delivery date. Customers can then indicate on which date they want to receive the package.
- Number of service points - in step 2 of the checkout process, customers can choose a Bpost pick-up point. This overview shows a number of points in the immediate vicinity of the address provided by your customers (entered in step 1 of checkout). You can indicate here how many collection points are displayed in this list. If desired, customers can choose another point themselves. You can display a maximum of eight options (the default value is five).
- Number of days until dispatch - enter the number of days between order and delivery. If you enter 1 here, the order will be delivered 2 days later, if you enter 2 here, it will be delivered 3 days later etc. If you deliver the products the next day, leave the number at 0. This option depends on the time indicated for delivery the next day allowed .
- For next-day delivery, order before - enter here the time at which you can still guarantee next-day delivery. By default this time is at 3:00 PM. This means that orders placed before 3 p.m. are delivered the next day.
If your customers choose Bpost, they can choose from three delivery scenarios when paying in your web store:
- bpack @ HOME - delivery at home or at the office.
- bpack @ bpost - a Bpost collection point nearby. Your customers enter a street, house number and zip code. A list of nearby collection points appears and is shown on a map that you can zoom in on. Bpost works with around 1100 collection points in Belgium where your customers can pick up their package.
- bpack @ 24/7 - delivery via a parcel machine. Your customers can choose this option if they do not want to be bound by the opening times of the collection points. Package machines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your customers can use this service for free, all they have to do is register online in advance.
- bpack World - worldwide delivery of packages up to 30 kilograms. All customers who place an order outside of Belgium receive this option.
After the entry screen, the customer returns to the checkout process.
Enter your company details here. This address will be on the return label that customers can print in your Bpost account.
Enter here what your customers should pay in shipping costs by clicking on Add prices . A pop-up window will open in which you can choose a shipping method, for example Worldwide delivery. You will be redirected to a page where you can set the private matrix for the chosen shipping method.
You can set the price per weight class per bpack option. For more information about classifying weights, click here here.
- Allow shipping method - activate this status if you want to use the shipping method.
- Free shipping above - enter here from which order amount (in euros) your customers do not have to pay shipping costs. Do you always charge shipping costs? Then leave this field blank.
- Tax rate - state here the VAT rate that you charge on shipping costs. If you do not see any values in the drop-down menu, you must first create them via Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Taxes in the left menu of the Back Office.
- Weights - enter the minimum and maximum weight, in grams per class, and give this class a price.
- Countries - Select the countries for whom these weight classes and prices apply. NOTE: To charge more for another country, create a new price for that country by repeating the process again.
Track and Trace code
It is possible to easily send the Bpost Track & Trace code to your customers. They can automatically access the Bpost eTracker page from their e-mail. To do this, go in the left menu of Lightspeed to Settings > WEBSITE SETTINGS > Notifications emails and open the Order tracking number notification template. Here you can place your own text that will be sent when you want to inform customers that a package has been sent. In the text editor you can adjust the text of your choice. If you want to place the link somewhere, simply click on the "<>" button at the top and add the code below to the desired location:
The link will now be included in your emails by default.