According to the GDPR, employees and customers can request to receive the personal information a company possesses and request to delete any record of them.
You can receive the following 3 requests:
- Information and access request
- E.g. If an employee or customer would like to export their personal data from your eCom Back Office.
- E.g. If an employee or customer would like to modify their email address in your eCom Back Office.
- E.g. If an employee or customer would like to delete their personal data from your eCom Back Office.
When an employee or customer makes a request, make sure you:
- Verify the identity of the person making the request.
- Don't delete required information if you may require it in the future. For example, keeping information for tax, regulatory or payment processing (chargeback) reasons.
Complete a form on our Lightspeed Help Center to manage their information or deletion requests. Lightspeed will process the requests and notify you by email once complete.
Submitting employee requests to Lightspeed:
- In the top right-hand corner of the Lightspeed Help Center, click Submit a request.
- From the drop-down, select GDPR Request.
- Enter your email address and name.Enter your phone number and the subject of your request.
- From the drop-down, select a GDPR request type.
- If the employee is asking to view the information they have, select Information and access request.
- If the employee is asking to edit their personal information from your eCom Back Office, select Data modification request.
- If the employee is asking to delete their information, select Data deletion request.
- Enter a clear and concise description of what you need help with.
- Optionally, enter your Account ID. You can find it by clicking Help at the bottom-left of your Retail account.
- Click Submit.
Requests from your customers can be processed inside your eCom Back Office.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended to be cautious when performing these operations. Providing personal information to the incorrect party may be considered a data breach under the GDPR. Likewise, deleting customer information is permanent and cannot be reversed, so ensure you will not require this information in the future for legal, tax or payment processing purposes.
Processing customer requests for personal information or deletion
- Login to your eCom Back Office and select Customers.
- Select the name of the customer making the request.
- Click Download customer to download the information Lightspeed possesses, or
- Click Delete customer to permanently delete their information from Lightspeed.
Processing requests for data modification
If a customer is requesting to make changes to their personal information, you can process their request by making modifications to their information in the eCom Back Office > Customers. For more information, click here.
Other Lightspeed Products
Our other Lightspeed products support the above GDPR requests. For instructions specific to your Lightspeed product, please see their respective GPDR Help articles: