This article describes how to add brand descriptions using the import tool. For any other brand-related changes such as:
- Linking brands to products, use a product import. For more information, see Editing products via import.
- Editing brand titles, descriptions and images, change them manually. For more information about adding brands, click here.
In order to import brand descriptions, follow these directions.
A successful import depends on the quality of your data. That's why most of the steps you need to follow when importing to eCom revolve around your worksheet. For more information on why a worksheet is important, click here.
Follow these steps to import brands and their details and images:
Follow these steps to create your worksheet and add to it the brand names, details and web addresses of images.
- Click here to login to your Google account and open Google Sheets.
- Create a new blank sheet by clicking +. This will be used as your worksheet.
- In column A, row 1, copy the following column titles and paste them in your worksheet:
Brand name Description
- Enter the brand names in Column A under Brand name.
- Enter the brand descriptions in Column B under Description.
- Save your worksheet to your computer in CSV format. This can be done by clicking File > Download As > Comma separated values (.CSV).
Now that you've prepared your data file and have it saved to your computer, you can now upload the file to eCom through the Import tool.
- Login to your eCom store's Back Office and click Tools.
- Click New Import.
- Click Browse computer.
- Locate your worksheet and click Open.
- Click Choose what you want to import and select Brands.
- The page will continue automatically.
- The fields in the section SET FIELD TYPES should be matched to the column in the data file. Make sure that the Product Name is matched with the Brand name and the description is matched with the description for the correct language. For more information about the other field types, click here. On the top right-hand side of the screen, click Continue.
- Click Start the import. The import tool will begin processing your import. You do not have to remain on page and may come back to it later.
It is necessary to verify if your edits were successful after starting an import. After checking the import tool for errors, it is important to test some customers from your worksheet at random and confirming your edits took place.
Confirm no errors occurred during the import:
- Log in to your eCom store's Back Office and click Tools.
- Locate your import by the date or the filename and click View report beside the status.
- If any errors are visible, make corrections to your worksheet and import your edits again. To see frequently asked questions and ask your own questions about errors, visit the Lightspeed Community article, here.
Confirm edits took place
- In Google Sheets, open the worksheet that you uploaded to Lightspeed eCom and copy any brand name.
- Open the eCom Back Office and click Products > Brands. In the Brands search bar, paste the name and press Enter on your keyboard. Click on the brand title.
- Ensure the edits took place by comparing the worksheet to the brand name and description in Lightspeed eCom.