HS codes can be entered per product in Lightspeed eCom. They are required when shipping internationally using EasyPost and ShipStation shipping integrations. Without them, shipping methods will not appear in checkout for international customers.
- Decide where you will search for your HS code. Many countries have their own customizations on HS codes. Use codes specific to the the country to which you are importing goods.
- Obtain the HS codes for each type of product in your eCom store. For example, if all your products are cotton t-shirts, you will only need one HS code.
Turn on HS codes.
- Click Settings > Advanced.
- Scroll to the STORE section and enable the switch under HS codes.
Add the HS codes to each variant of a product.
- From the left menu of the Back Office, click Products.
- Click the title of a product to open its settings.
- Scroll to the INVENTORY & VARIANTS section and click the title of a variant to open it's settings.
- Scroll to the IDENTIFIERS section and enter the HS code representing the product.
- Click Save.
- You can import HS codes for each product. Read Editing products through import for more information.