Reviews are anonymous by default so customers can easily leave reviews. You can make it optional or required for customers to add their email to reviews. Requiring customer email addresses for reviews allows you to:
- Verify that a review is from an actual customer.
- Reach out to customers who have issues.
Prevent anonymous reviews:
- Login to your eCom back office and click Settings from the side bar on the left-hand side.
- Click Advanced, located at the bottom of the General Settings column.
- Scroll down to the REVIEWS section and select Required from the dropdown menu labeled Email.
- Click Save.