Cache refers to the memory reserved for storage of frequently called-up information, files or pages, so they don't have to be reloaded each time by your browser, and thus can be displayed quickly.
If you use the Back Office to make changes to your online store, it may happen that related/affected pages are retrieved through the cache and you will not get to see recent modifications. Refresh the page in question in your browser (F5 in Windows, cmd + R for Mac users), or empty your cache and re-open the page. If modifications/updates by SEOshop are concerned, use the latter option to make sure you don't miss out on anything.
- Click on the gear wheel at the right in the Internet Explorer toolbar (at the top of the browser window).
- Click Safety, followed by Delete Browsing History.
- A pop-up window opens. In it, you can tick whatever option you desire, with the ones within red frames being essential.
- Click Delete.
- Click on the drop-down menu left at the top top open it.
- Click History in the right column, followed by Clear Recent History.
- A pop-up window opens, where you can empty the cache (buffer in Firefox terminology).
- We recommend setting the time period to "Everything". A notification will be displayed, but you can safely ignore it.
- Click Clear Now to empty the cache.
- In the toolbar at the top of the window, click the icon with the horizontal bars at the right.
- Select Settings.
- Click Clear Browsing Data
- A new window with a dialogue opens. Tick the check boxes of information you wish to delete. The cache is important now, so make sure you don't forget to select it!
- Use the menu at the top to select the data you wish to delete. We recommend doing so from the first use.
- Click Clear Browsing Data.
- Click Safari at the top of the browser window.
- Select Preferences in the drop-down menu.
- A pop-up windows opens. Select the Privacy tab.
- Click Remove All Website Data. Click OK to empty the cache.
- Click the gear wheel icon at the right in the browser toolbar at the top of the browser window.
- Click Reset Safari.
- A pop-up window opens, where you can select everything you wish to delete. To empty the cache you will at least have to tick the Remove all website data option.
- Click Reset to empty the cache.