You can create shoppable posts on Instagram or Facebook by uploading your products using feeds, then by tagging your products to create a shoppable posts. To connect your products to Instagram, you need to upload a feed to Facebook. Any products connected to Facebook are automatically available in Instagram.
The process for setting up shoppable posts is:
- Copy a feed URL from eCom.
- Use the eCom feed URL to upload products to a catalog on Facebook.
- Instagram only: Convert Instagram to a business account and await approval from Instagram. (1-3 weeks)
- Tag your products to create a shoppable post.
Follow these instructions to create a shoppable post with tags for name and price only. To tag an product in an image with a size and color as well, we recommend using the Channable app.
- From your eCom admin, go to Settings.
- Select Feeds located in the Website settings.
- Select the Go to Custom Feeds button, located at the bottom right-hand side of the page.
- Copy the URL beside Facebook Catalog - Main Product IDs. You will use this copied feed URL when following the instructions for setting up Facebook and Instagram here.