To experiment with settings, you can create a trial shop within your eCom account. This works as a temporary test shop that expires after two weeks. Any changes you make to a trial shop will not carry over to your live eCom store and it cannot be connected to your Retail account inventory. Certain features in a trial shop may be different from your live eCom store.
Creating an eCom (C-Series) shop
To create a new shop in eCom (C-Series):
- Login to your eCom store using your credentials.
- Click your store name in the left navigation.
- Click Add new store.
- Choose a name for your store and pick your industry from the drop down.
- Click Save.
Once you have created a trial store, you will be taken to the welcome dashboard for the new store. Here you can experiment with settings and themes. Remember any changes made to a trial store will not affect your live eCom storefront.
You can switch between stores by clicking on the name of the store in the left navigation and clicking Switch to store beside the store name.
Trial stores expire two weeks from the time they were created. To upgrade a trial store to a paid plan, navigate to Settings > Your subscription. On this page, there are details and pricing for each of the three subscription plans:
- Essential: This plan is ideal for merchants who only need one user account, one store language, and have a smaller amount of products.
- Advanced (Recommended): This plan is ideal for merchants who need up to three user accounts, up to three store languages, and have more products. This plan also includes additional features like blogs and filters.
- Professional: This plan is ideal for merchants who need unlimited user accounts, up to seven store languages, and have an extensive inventory. This plan also includes more robust features like B2B selling and discount rules.
On this page there is also a direct link to contact Sales for further inquiries.
What is eCom (E-Series)?
Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) is our flagship eCommerce platform, offering greater functionality and new tools to help scale your online business. For more information about upgrading to eCom (E-Series), visit our Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) upgrade FAQ.