Google Shopping is described best as a paid comparison site. Google Shopping displays its results in a separate section of Google's search engine, but also in organic, non-paid search results. Because it also displays images of your products, these results attract attention.
Lightspeed eCom offers the possibility to place your products in Google Shopping. This is done through a Google Product Feed under Settings > WEBSITE SETTINGS > Feeds > Set up GoogleBase .
This article contains prerequisites, how to add a Google category, further reading and frequently asked questions.
Important: Certain product types require attributes in Brazil, France, Germany, Japan, the UK, and the United States which are not included in the default GoogleBase feed. For example, size, color, gender, and age group are mandatory attributes for all apparel products and some toys targeting these countries.
Custom feeds can be created which include the missing attributes. Custom feeds often require the assistance of a third party developer and a significant amount of time.
Merchants from these countries can:
Before you start using Google Shopping, the following must be completed:
- Create a Google Shopping campaign in Google AdWords. Google Shopping works on a pay-per-click basis, you only pay if someone clicks your ad and is taken to your online store. If you want to create ads with product listings, you will need an AdWords and Merchant Center account.
- Ensure your product variants contain these details. For more information about editing product variants, click here.
- Article code or EAN/UPC
- Product description
- Google category
- Have a Google Search Console account and verify you are the owner using one of the alternative methods. For more information about configuring the Google Search Console, click here
Adding a Google category to a product
- In your eCom Back Office, click Products.
- Select the product you wish to add a Google Category.
- Beside Search engine listing preview, click Edit.
- Enter either the Google category ID or the full path in the field labeled Google category.
For more information about Google Shopping, visit the Google Shopping support page, here.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I register my Google XML feed in the Google Merchant Center?
- Brand, MPN and GTIN - What is needed?
- The shipping costs in my Google Shopping feed are not loaded, how should I resolve this?
- How do I change the Google Category of my products?
- The Google Category is not included in my Custom Google Feed, how do I resolve this?
- How do I choose which products are added to the feed?
- How do I resolve the description warning?
- How do I resolve the product_type warning?
- My Google Shopping campaign has been blocked due to non-matching prices between the product page and the prices in my Google Shopping campaign, how do I resolve this?