In Lightspeed eCom, you can manage your variants from the product page.
To manage your variant from the product page:
- From the left menu of the Back Office, click Products.
- Scroll to INVENTORY & VARIANTS.
Manage variants by:
You can add a missing variant that is already included in the product set, below INVENTORY & VARIANTS, click Add variant.
You can delete a variant by selecting Action > Delete.
NOTE: To learn how to add new variants, visit Creating product variants (product sets)
To edit variants in bulk:
- Enable the checkmark boxes on the left-hand side of the variant title.
- Click '#' item(s) selected > Edit.
- Enable the checkmark boxes beside the variant settings you would like to edit.
- Beside Are all values the same? Select Yes from the dropdown menu if your settings will bethe same for every variant or No if the settings will all be unique to each variant.
- Click Next.
- Make your adjustments to the displayed variant settings and click Save.
NOTE: For changes on a much larger scale, you can use Lightspeed eCom's Import feature to make changes to variant settings. For more information, visit: Editing products through import.
You can reorder your variants by clicking and dragging the hamburger button to the right-hand side of the variant checkboxes.
You are able to assign images to a variant by:
- Clicking on the icon on the left-hand side of the variant titles.
- Selecting the appropriate image.
- Clicking Save.
You can choose which variant you want to display when a customer opens the product on your online store.
Lightspeed eCom will automatically set a default variant as the first variant uploaded to eCom. You can change this by selecting Action > Flag as Default to the right of the variant titles.
When a variant goes out of stock, Lightspeed eCom can automatically substitute the highest selling, in stock variant. Turn this setting by going to your eCom Back Office > Settings > Workflow. To find out more, visit: Enable variant substitution - Configuring workflow settings for your online store .