You can enable 5 features to setup the B2B experience in Lightspeed eCom:
- Prices - Login required: Only logged-in customers are able to see prices.
- Purchases - Login required: Only logged-in customers are able to purchase products.
- User accounts - Approval required: All customers accounts must be approved before customers can login. (See note)
- Prices - Excluding VAT/taxes - All products are displayed excluding Value Added Taxes (VAT) in the EU or sales taxes in North America.
- Customer groups and discount rules - Features that can improve the B2B experience. NOTE: Customer groups and discount rules are not B2B features, they only complement the B2B features.
Follow these directions to enable B2B features:
- To manage them in your eCom Back Office, click Settings.
- Under General settings, click Advanced:
- For Prices - Login required, in the STORE section, for Prices select After login.
- For Purchases - Login required, in the STORE section, for Shopping cart, select Registered customers only. (See note)
- For User accounts - Approval required, in the REGISTRATION section, set Registration to After approval.
- From your eCom Back Office, click Settings.
- Under Payment settings, click Taxes.
- In the TAX SETTINGS section, ensure the switch for All prices exclude VAT (EU) or All prices exclude taxes (North America) is enabled.
- You can setup your customer groups and discount rules if required. You can create customer groups based on the type of customer. You can also create discount rules for a customer group.
- For more information on creating Customer Groups, click here.
- For more information about Discount Rules, click here.
When a customer creates an account on your website, if your registration is set as After approval, you will need to approve them before they can purchase from your site. To do this:
- Log in to your eCom back office and click Customers.
- Toggle on the switch in the Approved column.
- You can also select the new customer's name.
- Click Edit.
- In the PERSONAL INFORMATION section, enable the Approval pending setting.