You can ensure customers only receive their invoice once they've paid for their order. By default, customers receive two order notifications: One confirming the new order and one confirming the order has been paid as explained in the notification email overview.
By following these instructions:
- The Order Invoice template will be the only email sent. It will be sent after the payment has been received.
- The order confirmation email will not be sent to customers. You can install an app called Lightspeed Order Alert to keep order notifications. Visit Configuring new order notifications for more information.
- In your eCom admin, go to Settings.
- Select Administration in the General Settings column.
- Select Paid from the menu labeled Create in the INVOICES section.
- Select Save.
- Go Back to Settings.
- Select Notification Emails located in the column labeled Website Settings.
- Select Order confirmation & invoices and delete both the subject and the content.
- Select Save > Back to Notification Emails.
- Repeat steps 7-8, instead select Order paid.
- Select Order invoice.
- Ensure the content is suitable for your eCom store. Make changes if required and Save.
Read these articles for more information.