Cet article sera bientôt disponible en français.
The themes in Lightspeed eCom are designed by professionals, allowing merchants without web development experience to create enticing websites that turn browsers into buyers. To change the appearance of your website, an understanding of the theme controlled parts is important.
All products, content and settings are passed through the theme's code and displayed on your website. This article is designed to help point you to the manual you need. You may either need to locate the theme manual, or other design related article. For instructions on the various ways to edit your theme, see Modifying your store's design.
Click on a link below to be directed to the correct place to receive help for your desired design setting.
The professionals that design each theme also create instructions for that theme for you to reference. To access the instructions for each theme:
- In your eCom Back Office, click Design.
- The title of the theme you have installed will appear on the right-hand side of the screen above the Theme editor and Theme settings buttons. Copy the name of your theme.
- In the sidebar, click Theme store.
- In the search bar, enter the name of your theme and press Enter.
- Locate and click on the image of your theme to open the theme page.
- Click Download manual. Depending on how the theme developer designed the manual, you may download a manual, or you may also be linked to a website that contains the manual.
- If you cannot find the answers you are looking for in the manual, every theme developer has a support email located above the developer's website on their theme page. To see their email, repeat steps 1-5. The email and website is located right above the Download manual link.
Follow these instructions or click on one of the links to find instructions on:
- Website name
- Change the name of the website as it appears in the browser tab in Settings > in the General Settings column > click General.
- To change the web address of your site, click here.
- Text content on homepage
- The text content on your homepage can be added in your eCom Back Office > Click Content > Homepage. Ensure the visibility is set to ON and enter text in the content editor.
- Options in the header and footer
- The options in the header of your website are managed by Categories.
- The options in the footer can be controlled by clicking Content. Locate the page and click on the title. To add/remove the option from the footer, turn on/off the visibility and click Save.
- Headline slideshow images
- Click here for instructions on adding headlines.
- Featured products/categories
- Click here for instructions on Featured products/categories.
- Specific tags, reviews, stock levels
- Specific brands
- Visit Adding brands
- Checkout settings