Dit artikel is binnenkort beschikbaar in het Nederlands.
Creating product variants is a useful way to organize inventory that may only vary in a small way. For example: A line of t-shirts that vary by size and colour.
In this article, find out how to create variants by creating product sets.
IMPORTANT: Variants are counted in the product limit of your subscription. For example, if you're subscribed to the Essential package, with 250 products, and you assign 12 variants to a product, you have 238 products remaining.
- Step 1- Defining Variant
- Step 2 - Creating a product set
- Step 3 - Attaching a product set
- Step 4- More information
In Lightspeed eCom, variants are grouped items that differ by one, two or more specific ways.
Products that differ in 1 way
You can create one product with variants that differ in only 1 way:
For example: You have a product called John's Tee and you have the sizes: small, medium and large. Once you add it to Lightspeed eCom, when a customer views the product John's Tee, he will see 1 dropdown with the following options:
- In total, you have 3 variants (1 x 3) in your product.
Products that differ 2 in ways
You can create one product with variants that differ in 2 ways:
For example: You have a product called Monster Bike and you have the colors: red, black and blue and you have the sizes: child and adult. Once you add it to Lightspeed eCom, when a customer views the product Monster Bike, he will see 2 dropdowns with the following options:
- In total, you have 6 variants (3 x 2) in your product.
Products that differ in more ways
- eCom - If you are using Lightspeed eCom, you can create products that differ in many ways, limited to up to 100 variants per product set. For more information, visit Creating product variants (product sets).
- Retail with eCom Omnichannel - If you use Lightspeed Retail with eCom, you can create products that differ in up to 3 ways by creating a product matrix in your Retail account. For more information, visit Creating matrices.
- OnSite with eCom Omnichannel - If you use Lightspeed OnSite with eCom, you can create products that differ in up to 2 ways by creating a matrix. For more information, visit Understanding matrices in OnSite.
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Products > Product sets and at the top of the screen click Add a product set.
- Enter a Title for the product set, for example, t-shirts.
- Add options to the set, for example color and size. Click Add an option and enter the options you want to create.
- Add values to the set, such as sizes. Click Add a value and enter a value for a product option, such as S for small, M, L and OS (one size).
When you create a new product, you can assign a product set to it during the creation process. Simply select the relevant product set from the Product set drop-down in the PRODUCT SET area.
You can also attach a product set to an existing product.
NOTE: When you attach a product set to an existing product, all variants that you previously created for the product under INVENTORY & VARIANTS (including the default) are overwritten by the variants of the product set you attach. You may need to reconfigure some of the data for the variants, such as price and stock.
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Products and choose the product you want to work with.
- Scroll down to the PRODUCT SET area, and select the product set you want to assign to the product from the Product set drop-down.
- Save your changes. The Inventory and Variants section refreshes to display the variants for the product set.
To learn how to:
- Manage variants from the product page, click here.
- Configure a variant, click here.
- Manage the default settings for variants, click here.