All orders come in through your back office under the Orders tab in the navigation panel. The Orders dashboard displays all orders received, including new and completed orders. Select an order number to open it in the dashboard view.
The order dashboard contains a More button at the top right corner.
When you click this button, a drop-down menu will open with the following options:
- Hold: This temporarily puts an order on hold. If an order is on hold, it is not possible to create an invoice and packing slip. You can revert the status by selecting Unhold. Orders with a status set to Complete cannot be put on hold.
- Messages: Clicking this opens the Message History for this order.
- Duplicate: Copy orders by selecting Duplicate. This creates a quote that copies the products, customer, payment, and shipping method. Quotes can be later edited and converted to orders.
- Edit Status: Add a custom status to an order. Create custom statuses first in Settings > Store settings > Workflow.
- Send Payment Reminder: This sends payment reminders to customers. Verify the payment reminder email template first in Settings > Website Settings > Notification emails.
- Add task: Add and customize a task for the order.
Understanding the order screen
The top of the order screen displays general information for the order including the order status, the date and time when the order was created, the order number, and the total order amount.
The Payment area shows you which payment method your customer used.
This area also lists the invoices that are created immediately after placing orders. If you prefer to do this manually or after receipt of payment, go to Settings > General settings > Administration and choose when an invoice should be created.
Clicking one of the printer icons will generate a PDF download of your invoice.
Click the Invoice number and a pop-up will appear with options to update the invoice status, delivery time, print the invoice, or to resend it to the customer.
You can create a credit note/invoice by selecting Add a credit invoice. A pop-up window opens where you can select the products you want to credit. You can also specify a custom credit.
Orders can be set to paid by selecting Mark as paid. When customers pay immediately, you will see the Mark as not paid button here, which you can select if you do not receive payment properly.
The Shipment area shows you the shipping method the customer selected for the order, along with the accompanying packing slip.
Orders can be set to shipped by selecting Mark as shipped. This action can be reversed by selecting Mark as not shipped.
Clicking the printer icon will generate a PDF download of your packing slip.
Click the Shipping number to print the shipment, add a tracking number, select the shipping state, or notify the customer about their shipment.
The Products area is an overview of ordered products.
You can click View Details to see how the total order amount was calculated.
Clicking Create Return to create and manage returns.
Next to each product is a colored circle. You can hover over this to see the stock status of your product:
- Green indicates that the product is in stock.
- Orange indicates that the number in stock equals or is lower than the Notify below variant value specified with the product in question. Select the product's name to go to its editing page.
Based on your refund policy, your customers may seek to process a return or exchange. Customers can create return shipments, or you can do it yourself by selecting Create Return in the Products area.
A pop-up will appear asking for basic information about the return. Once you fill this out and click Add, the Returns area will appear. Here, you will find an overview of all returns for the order in question. Select the return number to edit the return.
Notes are messages that you send to yourself or to other users (for example, your colleagues or employees). Notes are invisible to customers.
You can only have one note per order, but you can continually edit and add to the note. Click Save Note for the note to be saved to the account.
Feedback from customers
This field will appear after the order status is listed as Completed. Customers can leave remarks in the final step in the checkout of your online store, which will be visible in this section.
The customer details area shows the customer's name, phone number, email, billing address, and shipping address.
Select Edit customer to view and change customer details. You can also manually send messages to customers through the Notify customer button. These messages are automatically sent to the customer's email address and can be found in the Message History area within a customer's page under Customers, or by clicking More > Messages at the top of the screen.
History shows actions that were taken prior to the order in question, such as invoice creation. New actions will be placed at the bottom.
Below the customer details, you have the option to cancel orders.
To cancel an order:
- Click Cancel order.
- Click into the Notify customer tickbox.
- Click Cancel this order.
Once an order has been canceled, the packing note will be canceled, an invoice of the cancellation will be created, and the inventory of each individual product will be updated