If you are having problems, send a message through MY ACCOUNT > Customer service in the left menu of the back office, with your specific questions and the steps where you experience problems. By clicking the Checkout tab at the right at the top of your screen (reachable through GENERAL > Settings > PostNL in the left menu), you can add PostNL checkout to your online store. Customers can select a delivery day themselves and immediately see in which time period they can expect delivery. In addition, they can also choose the delivery location, being their home, neighbors or any other given address in the Netherlands, as well as one of the PostNL post offices.
Moreover, consumers with a MijnPakket account experience extra comfort when placing an order. All name and address data are already known through their profile. The same goes for their delivery and payment preferences. They do not have to re-enter those data, thus expediting the delivery process.
As a SEOshop customer, you can easily and rapidly activate PostNL checkout in your online store, as follows:
- Create a PostNL Checkout account on the PostNL website. You will receive an e-mail with your login details.
- Navigate to GENERAL > Settings > PostNL Checkout in the left menu of the back office.
- Status– Use this option to enable / disable the entire PostNL checkout.
- Checkout Username– Enter your PostNL Checkout username here. The login details are e-mailed to you by PostNL after signup.
- Checkout Password- Enter your PostNL Checkout password here. The login details are e-mailed to you by PostNL after signup.
- Checkout Webshop ID– Enter your unique Webshop ID here, as received from PostNL. This is used by the SEOshop connection to identify your online store. You will receive your WebshopID with the Checkout details in your PostNL account.
- Payment method– Select the payment method or Payment Service Provider (PSP) you want to offer after using PostNL Checkout. With this setting, the system can automatically calculate the payment charges and immediately show customers the total amount due. Upon returning from PostNL, checkout customers will immediately be redirected to the configured payment method to complete payment.
- Delivery period– The period (in days) in which you are able to deliver orders to your customers, provided the orders come in before a certain time of day. This setting is used to determine the first day of delivery within PostNL checkout. Keep in mind that this implies that orders should be delivered timely to PostNL. Delivery to PostNL today means delivery to your customers tomorrow.
- Allow post office delivery – Consumers may opt to pick up their orders at a post office of their own choosing in the neighborhood. If you do not want to offer this to your customers, you can deactivate this option. Then they can only choose home addresses for delivery.
- Allow delivery abroad– It is possible to choose a foreign address in PostNL Checkout. If you do not want to allow this, deactivate this option.
When your customers have created an account through MijnPakket.nl or the MijnPakket App, they can easily track their order. This way they will know exactly when it was sent and when to expect it.