Coupon codes are a powerful method to attract more customers or to tempt existing customers to again purchase through your online store. Below we will explain how to activate coupon codes:
- Navigate to SALES > Coupon codes in the left menu of the back office and click the green plus icon in the navigation at the top of the screen.
- Enter the code you wish to use. It may consist of alphabetic characters, digits and symbols.
- Modify the code, based on the options listed below:
|Status||Here you can activate/deactivate a code.|
|Code||You can modify a code here, if so desired. If you do so, customers will obviously no longer be able to redeem their old code.|
|Type||You can choose a discount amount or percentage here.|
|Discount||Here you can enter an amount or percentage, depending on the type you have chosen.|
|Shipping costs||You can also opt to offer discount on shipping costs. If you choose Free, the customer will be granted the discount you entered with the Discount option described above.|
|Validity||Here you can enter the time period during which the code should be valid. The coupon code automatically expires when the set time period ends.|
|User limit||Here you can indicate how often the coupon code in question may be redeemed.|
|Valid for||Here you can enter for which products the discount applies.|
|The entire catalog - Valid for all products and categories.|
|Selected products only - These products may be selected using the Products tab at the right at the top of the screen. Add products by clicking the green plus icon in the navigation at the top of the screen. When you want to delete products, click the desired product(s) after which a blue frame will be placed around it/them. Subsequently click Delete selected at the right at the bottom of the screen.|
|Selected categories only - The categories in question may be selected using the Categories tab at the right at the top of the screen. Add categories by clicking the green plus icon in the navigation at the top of the screen. When you want to delete categories, click the desired product(s) after which a blue frame will be placed around it/them. Subsequently click Delete selected at the right at the bottom of the screen.|
|Selected products and selected categories - The discount will now apply to selected products and categories.|
|Minimum order amount||Here you can enter the order amount from which discount will be applied. You may offer, for example, a discount of €15,- when customers spend €100,-. Note: The discount is passed on in the minimum order amount. When customers spend €100,- they will receive a discount of €15,-. They cannot pay however, for the order amount will arrive at €85,-. Therefore add the discount to the minimum order amount.|
In the overview, you can activate coupon codes by clicking the eye next to a desired coupon code, copy them by clicking the two sheets icon and delete them by clicking the red stop sign button.
Creating a large number of coupon codes
Unfortunately, it is not possible to automatically generate coupon codes. However, you can create multiple coupon codes for a given discount using a bulk action, as follows:
- Navigate to SALES > Coupon codes in the left menu of the back office.
- Click the tool icon in the navigation at the top of the screen and select Import in the drop-down menu.
- Configure the desired discount and validity period here. Do not forget to activate the status by ticking the check box. Click Next step at the right at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be taken to a page with an input area, where you can enter coupon codes, one per individual line. You have the option to paste coupon codes from a file, provided that each coupon code is followed by a carriage return (CR).
- Click Import at the right at the bottom of the screen.