All payment providers have payment methods like credit cards, PayPal or iDEAL direct transfers. The available payment method differ by location and payment provider. You can enable or disable them depending on your needs.
Before you can manage payment methods, you must first add a payment provider.
- In your eCom admin, select Settings.
- Select Payment providers.
- Select a payment provider.
- Scroll down to PAYMENT OPTIONS.
- Enable or disable any payment options. See when to enable or disable below.
- Select Save.
- It's recommended that you verify your changes were successful by testing your checkout.
- If a payment method has additional costs that you need to pass on to your customers, add additional costs and settings.
You should enable payment providers when:
- You have confirmed with the payment provider that you can offer this payment option. What you can offer sometimes depends your contract with the payment provider.
- You are setting up a payment provider for the first time. Depending on the payment provider, you must choose at least one to show the payment provider in checkout.
You can disable a payment option any time. This removes the option from checkout. This is useful when a payment provider is temporarily down for maintenance. This removes the problematic option from your customers until the payment method can be fixed.