Lightspeed eCom provides several automated email notifications. These emails are sent to your customers when a specific event or action occurs with their account or online order, such as an order confirmation or cancellation, a shipping notification, a new account confirmation, and so on.
You have the option of disabling specific notifications if you think you won't need them for your online store. Make sure to read Effects of disabling emails before continuing. To reactivate the automatic email after deleting, copy the original templates from here and paste it back into email.
These steps can disable the order invoice, order confirmation, order cancelled and order paid emails.
- Click Settings, located in the sidebar of the eCom back office.
- Click Workflow, located in the Store Settings column.
- Scroll down to the ORDER NOTIFICATIONS section and disable the necessary switches.
- Click Save.
These steps can disable any automatic email.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings.
- Click Notification Emails located in the column labeled Website Settings.
- Click on the title of the email you want to disable to edit.
- Remove the text in the Title field and Contents area.
- Click Save.
When deciding which emails to disable, it's important to keep in mind that online shoppers expect to receive emails, especially order confirmation and shipping notification messages. As a result, we recommend that you do NOT disable these messages:
- Customer approved - If you own a B2B store. Otherwise, customers will not receive an email that their request has been approved. They might think it was rejected.
- Newsletter Double Opt In - If you want your customers to subscribe to your newsletter. They will have to confirm their subscription through the confirm URL listed in this email message (key).
- Notify customer - If you want to send customers a message with the Notify customer button on the order dashboard.
- Offer - If you use the Back Office to create offers for your customers. They will not receive email messages containing offers.
- Order cancelled + credit memo - To ensure customers receive credit invoices.
- Order confirmation & invoices - To notify customers that their order was placed successfully.
- Order shipped - To notify customers that their package is on the way.
- Order tracking number - If you use Track & Trace codes. Otherwise, this email message will never be sent.
- Account confirmation - Sent when a customer creates an account in your online store.
- Account password - To ensure that customers receive an email if they forget their password.