Lightspeed eCom provides several automated email notifications. These emails are sent to your customers when a specific event or action occurs with their account or online order, such as an order confirmation or cancellation, a shipping notification, a new account confirmation, and so on.
You have the option of disabling specific notifications if you think you won't need them for your online store.
Emails that you should not disable
When deciding which emails to disable, it's important to keep in mind that online shoppers expect to receive emails, especially order confirmation and shipping notification messages. As a result, we recommend that you do NOT disable these messages:
- Customer approved - If you own a B2B store. Otherwise, customers will not receive an email that their request has been approved. They might think it was rejected.
- Newsletter Double Opt In - If you want your customers to subscribe to your newsletter. They will have to confirm their subscription through the confirm URL listed in this email message (key).
- Notify customer - If you want to send customers a message with the Notify customer button on the order dashboard.
- Offer - If you use the Back Office to create offers for your customers. They will not receive email messages containing offers.
- Order cancelled + credit memo - To ensure customers receive credit invoices.
- Order confirmation & invoices - To notify customers that their order was placed successfully.
- Order shipped - To notify customers that their package is on the way.
- Order tracking number - If you use Track & Trace codes. Otherwise, this email message will never be sent.
- Account confirmation - Sent when a customer creates an account in your online store.
- Account password - To ensure that customers receive an email if they forget their password.
To disable automatic emails
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Settings > Website Settings > Notification Emails.
- Open the email you want to disable, for example, Customer approval.
- Remove the text in the Title field and Contents area.
- Click Save.