Setting up Stripe as a payment provider allows you to offer the following payment methods to your customers:
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, Dinersclub and JCB)
- Digital wallet (Apple Pay and Google Pay)
Note: Stripe is only available in North America, the United Kingdom and Australia.
To set up Stripe as a payment provider:
- Create a Stripe account.
- In your Stripe account, select API Keys.
- Copy the Secret Key and Publishable Key.
- In your eCom back office, go to Settings > Payment providers.
- At the top-right of the page, select Add Payment Provider.
- To the right of Stripe, select Add. The Edit Stripe page will open.
- Enable Activate this payment provider.
- From the Visibility drop-down, select one of the following options: Consumers, B2B or Consumers and B2B
- Under PROVIDER SETTINGS, paste the Publishable Key and Secret Key associated with your Stripe account.
- Under PAYMENT METHODS, enable the payment method(s) that your Stripe account can accept. For credit cards, you need to enable both the Credit Card payment method and the payment method(s) of the specific credit card type(s). If you don't, customers will not be able to process credit card payments in your online store.
Note: If you've successfully signed up with Lightspeed Payments and are located in the Netherlands or Belgium, only the Digital Wallet payment method is supported.
- Optionally, configure additional settings.
- Select Save.